After this week’s catch-up, I have come to the following conclusions:
- The amount of information within the research articles is interesting, but I need to thoroughly determine what I deem important and what I consider not relevant for my project’s focus.
- If I start the write-up of my draft report, I should be able to further consolidate which aspect of the QKD network articles it is that I want to include in it.
The reason that I have arrived at these conclusions is due to the size of the articles that I’ve been reading. Many of them are around 20+ pages, a lot of which, involves the technical aspect of their system’s configuration. Although all of the information seems important while I’m reading through it, the write-up makes me consider its relevance. This is because I don’t want my report to be overwhelmed with the minutia of technicality such as specific photon wavelengths used and the apparatus setup, which is not my primary focus.
From the articles, I do want to include in my report:
- The three layer system, which is designed to secure the key generation from the user
- The specific type of QKD network link; its pro’s and con’s
- The distance and QBER of each link, and the implications involved
- Whether the links are solely unicast, or whether any are multicast or broadcast
Personal growth and skills gained:
This past week’s study hasn’t required any new skills, but it has helped me further develop my research focus.